Once again, we have a highly contentious Senate race in Mississippi this year. If you are a Republican like I am, you may have been given misinformation, regarding one of the candidates, Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith. In this post, I hope to answer the most frequently asked questions when discussing our incumbent Senator. Obviously, I support Senator Hyde-Smith and hope you will too.
1. Why did Cindy Hyde-Smith switch to the Republican Party in 2010?
2. Did Cindy switch to the Republican Party in order to win the Ag Commissioner race in 2011?
3. What evidence exists, refuting the claims that Cindy lobbied for Obamacare or Democratic healthcare issues during her lobbying days from 1994-1999?
4. Do the voting records from 2008 prove who Cindy voted for that year?
5. Did Cindy Hyde-Smith try to ban guns from the state fairgrounds in 2013?
6. Did Cindy ever sponsor Pro-2nd Amendment legislation during her time in the state Senate?
7. What healthcare legislative measures did Cindy sponsor as a state Senator?
8. Did Cindy support Judge Kavanaugh from the time he was nominated, throughout the controversy and afterward?
9. What proof exists to show that Cindy has always been Pro-Life and worked to stop state and federal funds from going to abortion providers?
10. Does Donald Trump really support Cindy?
11. Is a vote against Rand Paul’s Penny Plan really proof that someone is not fiscally Conservative or not committed to lowering our national debt?
12. Has Senator Hyde-Smith supported any cuts to spending?
13. Has Mississippi always been a red state?
14. Has the border wall been started or funded and has any money been appropriated for it this year?
15. Why should it not be an issue that Cindy was appointed by Governor Bryant and could something have been done to stop it?
16. What other issue has Cindy been a champion for in our state?
17. Did Cindy Hyde-Smith and her current opposition, Chris McDaniel, ever co-sponsor Conservative legislation while in the state Senate together from 2007-2011?
If there are any other questions which you need answers to, please don’t hesitate to ask!
– Heather Fox